Monday, January 5, 2009
Previous English Stuff
Hello blog world, it's me, Benjamin Meurell. One interesting thing about me is that I lived in California almost my entire life. I just recently moved to Ohio between sophomore and junior year. Ohio and California are complete opposites and I am amazed that I have already survived two winters in Ohio! This is my first blogging experience and I have no idea what to write about. I've spoken English all my life, however English class is not my strongest subject. Since I went to high school in California and Ohio I was able to be taught by two different "state required" classes. English class in California seemed a lot easier than class in Ohio, or maybe i just got more lazy as I got older. Anyway since English isn't my strongest subject I'm really not a fan of the whole "reading and writing" thing. The last time I actually sat down and read a book for fun was in 5th grade when I was reading The Adventures of Captain Underpants series. Getting back to the English classes, I probably averaged a B all throughout high school, but my senior year I definitely struggled. The class I took was called Modern World Literature and I completely bombed that classes. It was mainly because I, at times, read only half the book, but i think the teacher had it in for me. Junior year was much better. I had Mrs. Straub and I seemed to do really well in that class. The only real problems I have in English class are writing papers on what I have read. It is currently 5:53 and I have been writing for almost twenty minutes!!! I think that's a job well done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's a new day, Ben. Captain Underpants might have been great, but I guarantee there's more interesting stuff in the books we're reading this quarter.
ReplyDeleteGood luck.