"I average 150 points a game,"I gloated to my friends when we decided to go bowling. Bowling is always a fun competitive game to play with your friends. As we walked there we all told stories of how we were better than each other. "I was on my high school's bowling team," one said. "Well I took a bowling class last quarter," the other said.
After we walked in and got our bowling shoes we sat down at lane 6. As we entered our names into the computer, we each looked for the right bowling ball that would lead us to victory. I choose the lightest ball because I like to hurl the ball down the lane. As we began playing we all told memories of random things, whatever popped into our heads. At the end of the first game I had finished 4th out of 5th. I had only beaten Bobby, which was not really an accomplishment on account of that he sucks at bowling. We all declared that that was our warm up game and decided to play another. I started that game off strong getting a spare/strike on the first 4 frames. My score grew rapidly over the others, except for my friend who played on the bowling team. He was right up there with me. At the end of the game I had finished with a score of 146. My friend on the bowling team had finished with a score of 176. I lost, however I finished 3rd this time and I had beaten my friend who took a bowling class here so that was an accomplishment in itself.
I am a very competitive person. I think that my competitiveness comes from my strive to compete with my other siblings academically. My parents always tell me to not compare myself to them, or to anyone for that matter, but I feel that when I compare myself to someone, I have a new goal to accomplish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment